Many ATV users, or their employees spend hours each day working (or playing) on their quad.
One option for entertainment is to wear earphones, but there is an even better option.
Here, I research the best ATV speakers on today’s market.
Sound quality, price, durability, and aesthetics are all variables I’ve considered in ranking these audio systems.
Best ATV Speakers – Ranked
Pyle Marine ATV Powered Speakers – Best Overall
The Pyle Marine 800-Watt are in my opinion the best waterproof ATV speakers on today’s market.
They balance both power and aesthetic appeal.
They are extremely versatile, if you are interested in powersports, these speakers are suitable for ATVs, UTVs, Jet Ski’s, snowmobiles and even golf carts.
This waterproof speaker stands out because of its robust construction, powerful sound output, built-in amplifier, and the aesthetic multicolored LED lights.
They promote easy connectivity for Bluetooth audio streaming, simplifying the streaming process to play music..
- Provides a comprehensive stereo sound experience.
- Equipped with 4.0 Bluetooth for wireless music streaming.
- Multicolored LED lights enhance the aesthetic appeal with 19 dynamic color modes.
- Built to be waterproof with an IP44 marine-grade rating
- The Bluetooth range can be limited, causing interruptions during rides.
- Sound quality might not be at par with some other available options in the market.
- Mounting straps provided could be of better quality and design.
BOSS Audio MRWT40 Waterproof ATV Speakers – Best Budget
The BOSS Audio MRWT40 has become a popular choice among ATV speakers due to its high quality sound features.
The rubber surround construction in the Boss audio speakers ensures that you will enjoy great sound quality.
With regard to power, they’re a pair of 400-watt, 4 inch, full range 2-way sound system. You can also connect it to a good amplifier for maximum sound projection.
They’re built with marine grade construction which give it 5 start in the durability department.
The 4 inch polypropylene cone, combined with a 1” silk tweeter, promises crisp highs and clear audio reproduction.
The speakers are equipped with aluminum clamps that’ll fit bars ranging from 1.5” to 2”. They’re fairly compact with dimensions of 7” depth, 5” wide, and 7” high, weighing in at 5.9 lbs. per pair. They’re basically designed to work seamlessly with ATVs and UTV cages – front or rear rack.
These speakers aren’t just weatherproof, they’re also coated to protect against UV rays. The components like the surround and spider are sealed and coated for that extra layer of protection. I recommend these if you’re an outdoor enthusiast but advise against exposing them directly to the elements for too long.
- Weatherproof construction means they’re resilient against the elements.
- They have a frequency response of 130 Hz- 20 kHz, which is fairly wide.
- Sensitivity of 94 dB ensures you hear every detail.
- The polypropylene cone and single voice coil speak to their durability.
- Installation is a breeze with adjustable clamps that fit bars from 1-1/2″ to 2″.
- Peace of mind with a 3-year platinum online dealer warranty from BOSS Audio Systems.
- One limitation I’ve noticed is that they can’t be installed on the top roll bars. So, keep that in mind!
Sound Storm BTB6 Waterproof ATV Speakers – Runner Up
The Sound Storm BTB6 is an advanced bluetooth speaker system tailored for ATV and UTV apps.
Offering impressive waterproofing, these speakers showcase advanced sound technology that emphasizes both clarity and powerful bass performance.
With an in-built Bluetooth feature, users can effortlessly stream music directly from their devices, eliminating the need for messy cables.
Although priced on the higher side, the speaker promises an array of features such as weatherproofing and easy installation.
The built-in amplifier of 450 watts further elevates the sound experience, ensuring clear music even against the noisy backdrop of an ATV engine.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Seamlessly stream music from devices and apps like Spotify and Pandora.
- Broad Frequency Response: Captures a wide range from 45Hz to 25kHz, enhancing both bass and treble.
- Built-in Amplifier: A 450-watt Class A/B amplifier ensures top-notch sound performance.
- Easy Installation: Designed as plug-and-play, it’s hassle-free to mount on ATVs and UTVs.
- Pricey: One of the more expensive options in the market.
- Power Source Dependent: Requires a 12V power source for operation.
- Potential Overemphasis on Bass: While the powerful bass is a pro for many, it might be overpowering for some users seeking a balanced sound.
NOAM NUTV4 Waterproof ATV Speakers – Runner Up
The NOAM NUTV4 is designed specifically for ATV use.
The speakers offer excellent sound quality. Giving you crystal clear sound as you work.
It’s best features include include a wireless Bluetooth connection, background illumination, and the ability to endure rough conditions due to its durable build.
However, the premium experience comes at a slightly higher price compared to some competitors.
These waterproof speakers offer high-quality sound reproduction with excellent bass, even when the ATV engine is running at full throttle.
It also allows for easy installation on roll bars ranging from 1.25” to 2” in thickness.
- Features wireless Bluetooth streaming, allowing for seamless music play from smartphones.
- Also provides an in-line auxiliary input for wired music sources.
- Bluetooth remote control includes a background light, suitable for low light conditions.
- Sound remains undistorted even at high volume levels.
- While the bass is commendable, optimal sound might require an additional dedicated subwoofer.
Types of ATV Speakers
When you’re in the market for ATV speakers, you’ll quickly realize there’s a myriad of options available.
These range from wireless speakers to powerhouse units with built-in amplifiers.
Let’s delve into some of the distinct types and their characteristics.
Wireless vs. Wired
Wireless ATV Speakers:
- Convenience: With no wires to fuss over, setting up and using wireless speakers can be a breeze.
- Flexibility: You can easily move or adjust the speakers without being restricted by cables.
- Clean Look: The absence of wires offers a neater appearance, enhancing the aesthetics of your ATV.
- Battery Life: Wireless speakers are often battery-operated, so you might need to keep an eye on the charge.
- Potential Interference: In areas with many electronic devices, there might be occasional signal disruptions.
Wired ATV Speakers:
- Stable Connection: Wired connections typically offer consistent and uninterrupted sound.
- Power Supply: Many wired ATV speakers can be connected directly to the ATV’s battery, eliminating the worry of the speaker dying mid-ride.
- Installation: Setting up might take a bit longer due to the wiring involved.
- Less Flexibility: Moving or adjusting speakers might be more challenging because of the wired connection.
ATV speakers with built-in amplifiers are essentially a two-in-one package. They not only produce sound but also amplify it, ensuring it’s loud and clear enough to be heard over the ATV’s engine noise and outdoor elements.
- Powerful Sound: Expect richer bass, clearer mids, and sharper trebles.
- Space-saving: Since the amplifier is integrated into the speaker, you don’t need additional space for a separate amp unit.
- Cost-effective: Often, it’s more affordable to buy speakers with built-in amplifiers than purchasing speakers and amplifiers separately.
- Potential Overheating: Combining the speaker and amplifier can sometimes lead to the unit overheating, especially if played at high volumes for extended periods.
- Less Customizability: If you’re an audiophile who likes tinkering with separate components, an integrated unit might not be as appealing.
Features of the Best ATV Speaker System
High-Quality Sound: The primary feature of any speaker system is to deliver clear, sharp, and rich sound. The best ATV speaker systems should offer strong bass, clear mid-tones, and crisp high frequencies for an immersive audio experience.
Durable & Rugged Design: Given the off-road nature of ATVs, the speaker system should be robustly built to handle various terrains, bumps, and vibrations without compromising great sound quality.
Weatherproof & Waterproof: The best ATV speakers are usually equipped with weatherproofing capabilities, protecting them from elements like rain, snow, mud, and UV rays.
Bluetooth Connectivity: Stream music wirelessly from smartphones, tablets, or other Bluetooth-enabled devices, providing a hassle-free connection without dangling wires.
Efficient Power Consumption: A premium ATV speaker system should deliver optimal sound without quickly draining the vehicle’s battery.
Easy Installation: Whether it’s a clamp-on design, handlebar mount, or another system, the best ATV speakers should be fairly straightforward to install without requiring professional assistance.
Multiple Audio Sources: Beyond Bluetooth, the system should allow for other audio input options, like auxiliary ports or even built-in FM radios.
Volume Control & Remote: Having easily accessible controls or even a remote can enhance the user experience, allowing for quick adjustments to volume or track changes.
Compact & Aesthetic Design: While functionality is crucial, an elegant design that complements the ATV’s aesthetics can be a significant plus.
LED Lighting: Some modern ATV speaker systems come with integrated LED lights, enhancing visibility during nighttime rides and adding a stylish flair.
Quick Release or Detachable Feature: For those who might not want the speakers attached at all times, a quick-release feature can be beneficial.
Vibration Resistance: Given the terrain ATVs often traverse, the speaker system should be built to minimize sound distortion due to vibrations.
Protective Grills: These not only add to the aesthetic appeal but also protect the speaker’s components from debris, ensuring longevity.
Wide Compatibility: The best speaker systems should be versatile enough to fit a variety of ATV models and sizes.
Strong Battery Life (for battery-operated models): If not directly connected to the ATV’s power source, the speaker should have a battery that can last through extended rides.
The Benefits of Investing in High Quality Sound ATV Speakers
Superior Sound Experience
Honestly, with top-notch ATV speakers, the sound clarity and depth are just on another level.
I think you’ll be impressed by how crisp and clear every tune sounds, no matter what you’re listening to!
Durability and Longevity
I recommend not skimping on this.
High-end ATV speakers are basically built like tanks.
They’re crafted to face the rugged outdoors, so they won’t give out easily compared to some cheaper counterparts.
If there’s one thing I’d advise checking out, it’s the weatherproof rating.
The best ATV speakers can handle rain, dust, sun – you name it!
And that’s crucial for consistent performance.
Connectivity issues? Not with premium ATV speakers.
They usually offer stable and diverse connection options, ensuring you’re not always fiddling around to keep keep your favorite music going.
Enhanced Bass and Volume
For those who like their loud music and rich, high-quality speakers won’t disappoint.
The bass response and amplification are fairly impressive!
Efficient Power Consumption
Here’s something I’ve noticed: better speakers are often more energy-efficient.
It’ll save your ATV’s battery, giving you longer jam sessions on the trails.
Between you and me, design does play a part.
Not only do these speakers sound good, but they also look pretty sleek on your ATV.
Less Need for Upgrades or Replacements
Think about the long game.
By opting for a quality sound system now, you might save yourself from constant upgrades or replacements down the road.
Better Resale Value
Let’s say you decide to sell your ATV someday.
I think having a top-tier sound system could up its appeal and value in the market!
Peace of Mind
At the end of the day, investing in a great ATV speaker system gives a kind of assurance.
You’ll know you’ve got a reliable setup that’s ready to make every ride a blast!
Installation Tips for ATV Speakers
Choose the Right Location
When setting up your ATV speakers, I recommend finding the best spot for them.
You basically want a location that enhances sound, ensures safety, and protects the speakers.
The handlebars or the front racks are fairly popular choices!
Before diving in, it’s wise to check if the speakers are a match for your ATV model.
It’ll save you the hassle of realizing midway that they don’t fit right.
Gather Necessary Tools
Make sure you have all your tools ready.
From what I’ve seen, you might need things like wrenches or wire strippers.
Trust me, having everything nearby makes everything smoother.
Follow Manufacturer’s Guidelines
I can’t stress this enough!
Always stick to the instruction manual that comes with the speakers.
It ensures they work perfectly and last longer.
Keep Wiring Tidy
Wires can be a pain if they dangle or get caught while riding.
I advise using cable ties to keep them neat and away from any moving parts.
Test Before Finalizing
Here’s a tip from me: Always test your speakers before you think you’re done.
It lets you adjust for the best sound and ensures everything’s connected right.
Consider Vibration Dampeners
ATVs and vibrations go hand in hand.
So, I think it’s a good idea to use dampeners during installation.
It’ll basically improve sound quality and protect the speakers.
Weatherproof Your Connections
Given how wild ATV rides can get, I recommend sealing all electrical connections.
It’s all about protecting them from moisture and unexpected short-circuits.
Opt for Quick Release Mounts
If you ask me, having quick-release mounts can be a game-changer.
They allow you to remove your speakers easily whenever needed without compromising on security.
Seek Professional Help If Unsure
If things get confusing or you feel unsure, there’s no harm in getting expert help.
Proper installation is key to the best sound experience on your rides!
So there you have it! With a little attention to these pointers, you’re set for an incredible audio experience during your ATV escapades!
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Using ATV Speakers
Bypassing Weatherproof Ratings
If you ask me, one of the first things to check is the weatherproof rating of ATV speakers.
Don’t just assume all of them can handle heavy rain or harsh sun!
I recommend always checking the specs before exposing them to extreme conditions.
Getting Installation Wrong
Look, I think it’s fairly easy to mess up the installation if you don’t follow guidelines.
If you don’t secure them properly, they might just fall off during an adventurous ride.
Always stick to the manufacturer’s instructions or get professional help if you’re in doubt.
Cranking Up the Volume Constantly
Just because you can go full volume doesn’t mean you should.
Overdoing it can harm your speakers and run down the ATV’s battery quickly.
I advise finding a good balance between volume and speaker health.
Slacking on Cleaning
ATVs are basically a magnet for mud and dirt.
If you ignore cleaning your speakers regularly, it’ll affect both their sound quality and longevity.
Give them a good wipe down, especially after a particularly messy ride.
Overlooking Regular Maintenance
Beyond cleaning, I recommend occasionally checking for things like loose mountings or exposed wires.
A bit of preventive care goes a long way!
Missing the Compatibility Check
Not all ATV speakers fit every model.
I’ve seen folks overlook this and then face issues during installation.
It’s a good idea to ensure compatibility before buying.
Ignoring the Manual
I can’t stress this enough – the manual is your friend!
It has all the info on installation, care, and usage.
Skipping it is basically setting yourself up for mistakes.
Settling for Low-Quality Audio Sources
If you want the best sound from your speakers, I advise using high-quality audio sources.
Remember, your speakers can only sound as good as the music quality they’re playing!
Setting the Bar Too High
I think it’s essential to be realistic.
While ATV speakers are impressive, expecting them to rival a home theater system is a bit much.
They’re primarily designed to be durable and provide decent sound outdoors.
Neglecting Them During Storage
If you’re stowing away your ATV for a while, I recommend covering the speakers or keeping the vehicle in a decent environment.
Protecting them from dust and moisture can extend their life!
Hopefully that gave you the concise details to make your decision.
Research is research, nothing can substitute you going through the process of finding the right ATV Speaker for you.
But hopefully the context above has made it much easier to make the decision.